The Loveland Freeride Experience
Experience skiing Loveland like never before! Whether you are new to Loveland or have been skiing here for years, you’ll see the mountain with a new perspective while guided by pro-skier and Loveland ambassador, Eben Mond. Eben will be guiding adult skiers to reach their next skill level, gain confidence and show them the many hidden gems Loveland has to offer. This is your chance to ski like a pro, in a group of eager and passionate like-minded skiers.
1-day courses: 2/24, 3/31, 4/7
7:45 am – 4:00 pm
Discounted ticket and demo gear available for participants.
Participants need to bring typical ski gear appropriate for the days conditions, including all-mountain skis.
Please call to make a reservation: 303-571-5580
Don’t know if this is for you? Complete this questionnaire….
1. Are you able to ski all green, blue and black runs with confidence?
2. Have you skied high-alpine terrain, such as The Ridge at Loveland?
3. Do you generally ski more than 20 days per season?
4. Do you consider yourself an advanced skier?
5. Do you want to enhance your skiing ability and venture into more expert terrain?
6. Would you like to take your skiing to the next level?
If you answered YES to most or all of these questions, this course is for you!
One-day course itinerary
February 24, March 31 and April 10, 2023
7:45 am – Meet Lower Ridge room, discuss plan and organize gear.
8:30-10:00 am – On hill; break the ice, determine abilities.
10:00-10:30 am – Break; Ptarmigan Lodge.
10:30-12:30 pm – On hill.
12:30-1:30 pm – Lunch; answer questions, discuss expectations for the remainder of the day.
1:30-4:00pm – On hill skiing expert terrain.
Ski Lesson Explanation
• Ski all lifts at Loveland; including Chair 9, hike-to terrain and Ridge Cat if operating.
• Learn to find good snow on any given day.
• Learn to read terrain and snow conditions.
• Become familiar and comfortable with variable terrain and moderate exposure.
• Adapt ski skills to perform at highest level.
• Learn expert and high-alpine skiing skills such as;
• fall recovery,
• tree-well safety,
• jump turns,
• kick turns,
• partnering up for safety,
• planning a route,
• determining a good ski line,
• maintaining comfort and stamina throughout the day.
Coach Eben Mond Athlete Bio
A FIS-level ski racer into his early twenties, Eben Mond had a passion for skiing from day one. Moving to Colorado during college, Eben really began to explore the mountains both in resort and in the backcountry. He additionally picked up telemark and within the year competed in several competitions, gaining respect and
sponsors. Eben has skied all over the world, filmed with prominent production companies and photographers, and built a life around the sport he loves. He is a product tester and content provider for multiple well-known ski industry companies. In 2009, Eben started the Loveland Allmountain Freeride ski team which has grown to be a large component of the Loveland Ski Club, and an incredible addition to the Area. Eben has worked for Loveland Ski Area and/or Loveland Ski Club since 2003. He’s considered a Loveland local and has over 20 years experience skiing the Area. As much as Eben loves to explore the mountains and his own passions, he loves to instill the same in future generations. With a mountain-guide spirit, an intuitive feel for the mountains, unsurpassed motivation and a desire to continually grow, Eben’s goal is to ski well into his eighties.