Welcome to the Loveland Family
NEW! $20/hour Minimum Pay Rate for Winter 2022/23
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE, TIMELESS EXPERIENCE IN THE SNOWSPORTS INDUSTRY?
Look no further – the Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Come join our family and be a part of something special!
“WE ARE FAMILY”
For over 80 years, Loveland has offered families a fun, friendly and hassle-free winter escape. We want everyone who comes to Loveland to feel welcome and appreciated, part of the Loveland family, and excited to come back. Our employees are an important part of our family. At Loveland, you are not just an employee or a customer, you are part of the family from the moment you pull into the parking lot.
As one of the few remaining family owned ski areas, Loveland provides an authentic, uncluttered and unpretentious experience to both guests and employees. Our owners have been our owners for over 60 years; they are involved and know many employees by name.
Our employees say that one of their favorite things about Loveland is the family feel and the life-long friends they have made here. We know it sounds cliché . . . but we really are a family here at Loveland! A family who is loyal, enthusiastic and passionate about Loveland, each other, our work and our play.
If you are a fun-loving, active, snowsports enthusiast who is dependable, flexible, works well with other team members, has a sense of humor, and who wants to be a part of the Loveland Family – then what are you waiting for . . . Current Openings
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU? . . . LOOK AT WHAT YOU GET!
- Free Loveland Employee Season Pass
- One of the longest winter seasons around (mid-October through early-May)
- Competitive Wages with $20/hour minimum start rate
- Complimentary/Discounted lift tickets for friends/family OR season passes for your immediate family members
- FREE employee shuttle from the Mammoth Park-n-Ride parking lot in Golden to Loveland, with stops all along the I-70 corridor
- Free or discounted skiing & riding at over 30 other ski areas (restrictions may apply)
- Employee and dependent discounts throughout the ski area (food & beverage, retail, rentals, ski/ride lessons, and more)
- Department specific perks (ie, food & beverage shift meal)
- Employee Assistance Program – free confidential counseling and life help services for employees and anyone in their household
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid sick leave
- Affordable Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance Plans (must work a minimum of two days per week)
- Ski/ride breaks, when possible
- Discounts with local businesses
- And, you will become part of our family!
WHAT ABOUT COVID-19?
The COVID-19 Pandemic is not over. We do everything we can to keep our employees and our guests healthy so we can keep the ski area operating, and we ask all of our employees and guests to do the same. We strongly recommend that all employees get the COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself, your families, your workplace and the community. Below are some of the measures we may have in place this coming winter to keep you safe:
How will Loveland help to keep you healthy?
- Vaccination: We do not require that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19, but we may ask for your vaccination status. Employees must be vaccinated to move into employee housing.
- Pre-arrival onboarding for employees to make onboarding as contactless as possible.
- Online training when possible and appropriate.
- Employees are to stay home if sick. All employees earn paid sick leave based on hours worked and may be eligible for emergency paid sick leave if the time missed is COVID-19 related.
- Loveland Employee COVID-19 Response Team available as a resource for employees who feel sick or are exposed to COVID-19.
- Cleaning and sanitation efforts will be rigorous.
- Online transactions with guests when possible and appropriate.
These safety measures may change at any time and are subject to any public health orders and business best practice measures.
We encourage vaccination to support prevention efforts against the spread of the virus. Is it free! Click here to find out where you can get vaccinated.
READY TO JOIN?
Whether you want to work indoors or outdoors, full-time or part-time – if you enjoy interacting with guests and ensuring an exceptional experience for all, we have something for you.
Check out our current openings – APPLY HERE!
If you don’t see the job you are looking for, please give us a call to ask and you can also check back every so often for additional job postings as we head for Winter.
WHERE TO LIVE?
We offer dorm-style employee housing for certain positions. To qualify for employee housing, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a new employee to Loveland (having never worked for Loveland previously);
- Have accepted a full-time winter seasonal position with Loveland;
- Be moving to Colorado from out of State or somewhere in Colorado beyond commuting distance to Loveland Ski Area; and
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Please ask your Hiring Manager about the availability of employee housing during your interview.
If you don’t qualify for employee housing, you will need to secure your own housing. And, we have identified some housing leads (below) which may help.
Most of our employees live in one of the small mountain towns along the I-70 corridor between Loveland and Denver, including Idaho Springs, Dumont/Downieville/Lawson, Empire, Georgetown and Silver Plume. Others live in the western suburbs of Denver including Golden, Lakewood, and Littleton – where housing options may be more plentiful. Our free employee shuttle between Golden and the ski area makes it easy to get to and from work from most of these locations.
To help in your search for housing, you can check with the below properties in the area who may accommodate long-term stays for employees referred from Loveland Ski Area. For rates and terms, please contact the individual properties.
- 6&40 Motel, 2920 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 (pet friendly) – (303) 567-2691
- Columbine Inn, 2545 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 – (303) 567-0948
- Georgetown Lodge, 1600 Argentine St, Georgetown, CO 80444 – (303) 569-3211
Summit County (only 12 miles to the west from Loveland Ski Area, there is no employee shuttle, so you must have or arrange your own transportation)
- New Riverside Lodge, 471 Rainbow Dr, Silverthorne, CO 80498 – Special Rate for Loveland Employees. Call Rachel at (970) 468-6336
- 3 Peaks Lodge, 22859 US Hwy 6, Keystone, CO 80435 – (970) 513-9009
For longer—term housing (ie, year leases), you might check into the affordable housing property in Idaho Springs, Riverbend Residence Apartments (2546 Colorado Blvd – (833) 479-0252)
You can also check out the Clear Creek Housing Facebook Page
LIFE BEYOND WORK?
Loveland is located on the major interstate (I-70) heading west into the mountains from Denver, CO. Loveland is not located in a town so many employees will take advantage of the free employee shuttle, carpool, or you will need to provide your own transportation.
Being so close to Denver provides for an employee experience with the best of both worlds – mountain and city. A short drive from the ski area, you can experience all that Denver has to offer including shopping, concerts, museums, theatre, major sporting events, clubs, and so much more. And while at work, you can enjoy the serenity and beauty of the mountains, the fun and excitement of a ski area in operation, and being a member of a close knit work family.
Loveland is also only 12 miles from Summit County, CO where you can enjoy more skiing/riding, sledding, tubing, and other winter special events such as Ice Castles and International Snow Sculpting.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
There is no time like the present, so check out our current openings by clicking on “Apply Here” to see what positions interest you, and then apply – it is that simple!
Come join our family this winter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Loveland Ski Area Human Resources
(303) 571-5580 x 140
Loveland Ski Area is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.